Thursday 25 April 2013

Ombre Aspirations

Hello all.

I want to do something with my currently blackish brown roots-beginning-to-awkwardly-show hair. I'm trying to grow it out to reach my aspirations of long hair! It's never been as long as I'd like. It's taking a long time. In the mean time, I thought I'd do something with the colour- lighten it for summer. But the one thing I've truly wanted to do for ages is... ombre it. I love the way it looks , and after browsing through pictures on Pinterest and seeing videos on YouTube, I just know it's what I want. But should I take the plunge? Should I risk damaging the ends of my hair in the bleaching process? Lots of people just say 'I can just cut it off if it gets too damaged' but that's the thing- I don't want to cut it off, do I??

My  plans:
  • Go to Boots this weekend and get a colour remover. This will (hopefully) remove the majority of the black in my hair and will get it as close as possible back to it's natural state (Medium brownish shade).
  • If I'm happy with the main colour, then ombre the ends... If not, pick up a brown dye that I like the look of, and use that over my whole hair, before ombre-ing the ends.
  • Voila.
I'll keep you updated on this- I'm curious myself as to how this will turn out. If you don't know what I mean by the term 'ombre', here is a picture (Can I just be her?!)



Right. That will be all ;)

Wish me luck with this process...

2 comments:

  1. I've just got my hair from almost black to blonde and blogged about it if you want to have a look? It may help? I used Colour B4 and then went ahead with a couple of dyes. to get it from my natural brown colour to blonde, which would obviously be handy for your ends :)
    Anyway, you have a lovely little blog and I hope to speak soon,
    Laura xx

    http://www.lisforladybird.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. im obsessed with ombre! your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete